Medical Appointments & Management
Careplan’s Care Managers will advocate for your older adult at medical appointments ensuring the physician has all the facts. Our Geriatric Care Managers facilitate communication among care providers, doctors, and families. They also monitor seniors’ adherence to medications, medical orders and instructions.
Our Geriatric Care Managers will:
- Coordinate and arrange for transportation
- Attend medical appointment and report back to family
- Advocate on the older adult and family’s behalf
- Assist with Pre-and Post-Surgery needs
- Oversee arrangement of follow up appointments with specialists
- Monitor and see that physician’s recommendations are being followed
- Provide home visits to monitor the older adult for wellness and change.
“I’ve referred several of my friends to Bridget for assistance with their elderly parents. They couldn’t thank me enough for the referral. Prior to their Careplan meeting they were not aware of any service providers that provide this kind of service. In each situation, my friends received the right amount of support their unique situations required. They couldn’t be happier. They’ve gone on to recommend Careplan to their family and friends.”